17.2.10

Hungry for Heaven... Must Reads

Hungry and Heaven, this song is SO appropriate for today's post. tee hee..

Okay so have you read it yet? OHHH if not... you must joing the throngs of women addicted to YA lit.. "I gotta Hunger and the only prescription is.... Book 3 in August"  There's a tough chick who's heart is torn between a dark handsome brooding boy and a loving giving blonde boy..   Oh and did I mention they have to kill each other...?
Then when you're ramped up and cant get Katniss and her triangle outta your system.  Pick this one up. No triangle here but definitely another dark brooding dangerous sexy fallen angel named Patch.  Fun, fun, fun I say..
I find when I read young adult lit, my imagination reverts to my own youth and I envision those dark brooding sexy types as my teenage crush on the young Keanu Reeves.
 Not the Keanu of today, not the real life Keanu.  Hmmm no not this.
Can you say hair and makeup please...  I guess he's not at work so we can leave him alone LOL..  I suppose you could call me a fair weather fan.  I have a tendency to think he's hot on screen, in hair, makeup, and costume. 


What about you?  Do you like to cast your favorite characters too?
post signature Hungry for Heaven by Ronnie James Dio, Vision Quest Soundtrack

12 comments:

Marcie said...

I LOVE Hunger Games. I devoured (ha ha) it and Catching Fire this past weekend. I didn't know that the next one is coming out in August. Yipee! I can't wait. My question for you is Gale or Peeta? My friends and I are split. I lean towards Gale.

Another YA series I just started is The Mortal Instruments. I've only read the first book, "City of Bones", but it was great. Angels, Vampires, Werewolves, Shadowhunters...it had it all. It was maybe a little too much of the "Twilight" plain girl meets handsome mysterious boy-but the story has twists all of its own.

Happy Reading!

MiMi said...

What?!
Thank you so much for a great post about a cool new group of books going at the very top of my must read list!! yay!!!!

Lene said...

I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy The Hunger Games...boy was I wrong.

Kimberly said...

He looks better on screeen.

I wonder if Johnny Depp is as cute relaxing in his hood...Oh wait, he owns a whole island.

Naked on his own Island? Dare I dream?

Jeanette said...

Marlee has read both of those books. I keep saying I'm going to but haven't yet. Guess I'd better get on it.

blueviolet said...

I have heard The Hunger Games is amazing!!!! I want to read that really badly!

Janiece said...

I am not much of a reader...but when I do I really cast my story figures!

I love "lene's header...your talent is amazing!

Tracie said...

I haven't read this series. I'm putting it on my 'to read' list. I don't usually cast my books with famous people but I do visualize them.

Midday Escapades said...

I haven't discovered YA lit yet. But Oh, yummy Keanu. I haven't dressed up my characters, well at least not for a while. LOL.

Jenny said...

I haven't read it but it sounds interesting. I need to burn up a Barnes and Noble card before it sets fire to my pocket... ha! I may give that one a go. Thanks for the review.

Tater Tot Mom said...

I've never read these books but will definitely have to check them out!

It's so funny when you see stars off screen and they look like bums...no really, like real bums. Oh well...I still have the fantasy though!

Mrs. Fish aka Two Fish said...

HA HA HA OMGosh I heard that the Hunger Games were the next in my Twi-hard addiction. I was reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels which are the basis for True Blood series on HBO. I am just hooked.

Oh and is that pic of Keanu circa when 21 Jumpstreet was the HAWTEST show on TV? Yeah I was a HUGE fan and totally in love with Richard Grieco. Sigh....