Life and Times of Mary Rockwood-Crabtree -
"shakin' things up"
SPT-Today November 4th 2008
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
"this month, our portraits will speak for themselves. at the end of four weeks, you will have four self-portraits that capture you in the moment. "- lelly
That's right Sponge Bob, you're not the only one! At some point today at my daughter's Cobra Kid Award assembly I quite possibly may have ripped the seat of my cargo capris. Question is when exactly. See all the parents sit in the back of the multi purpose room (what happened to separate gyms, cafeterias and auditoriums?) When your kid's class is called, that's your Que to get your camera ready because your child is about to receive the coveted Cobra Kid Award. Get your butt up out of your chair and get close (especially if you don't have a super powered lens on your camera, cuz your lucky if you will even be able to catch a decent Kodak moment in the lighting provided by elementary schools). So did it happen before or after I stood up to take pictures of Mr. Newkirk's 4th grade class with my back (and behind) to the gamut of proud parents? Or did it happen at Costco? One can only hope not to see a mother of two arching her back while pushing a heavy laden...
"Who is your favorite celebrity you've worked with?" This is a question I get asked often. Honestly it makes me uncomfortable because I feel like my favorite isn't the asker's favorite and they're never impressed. Jude Law, Sylvester Stallone, Molly Sims... none hold a candle to "Heart"in my book. I can still remember in the 8 th grade opening a gift that contained a cassette entitled "HEART". This was MY tape, not my dad's L.P. that he would make me a copy of, this was a true cassette with a genuine cover and the songs printed (not handwritten) on the cassette itself. Ooooh see see, the lyrics are written in the jacket, no more rewinding and fast forwarding trying to figure out the words to my favorite songs. And look how cool Ann and Nancy were, I'll be staring at this for hours thank you very much, AND it rocked! Listening to Ann belt out a rockin tune in her amazing crisp and rich voice was not new to me. See my dad Te...
YES THE MUSIC IS LOUD--------> just the way a "Rock"wood likes it.. Yes I know you wanna Rock! So here's a quick up date on the poor neglected Blog Rock front. You know that cool Friday Follow meme... Well that cutie patootie button with those party animal kiddos... yup.. Blog Rock.. If you haven't joined Friday Follow, be sure to catch it this week at Midday Escapades. Let's see, Bliss my bestest blogger bud, whos responsible for my many hours on the computer. See if it hadn't been for her, I might actually be doing housework when I'm supposed to, instead of blogging the hours away... Blaming someone else sure does make me feel validated .. Ah who am I kidding! I love growing my hiney in front of the mac, making cute pictures and designs all the live long day. Sorry Jeanette, you only helped unleash the beast. And I love you for it! Anyways... Bliss was due for a makeover, so we went stretchy-scrapbook-retro-chic! Whadaya think? And...
Comments
:)
*I am new to your blog. I saw that you are a makeup artist. Who do you work for? I was in the business for many years. I miss helping feel pretty.