Molly Mary Homemaker

I don't consider myself much of a baker or dessert maker. Not a specialty for me. But after working with Theresa (Barbie see below) she convinced me that Cake Balls were the bomb and I had to try them. The recipe seemed easy enough, but I was quickly running out of time, as we were due at a Superbowl gathering. So my presentation was seriously lacking. After you bake a cake you let it cool a bit then you crumble and mix it with your favorite frosting. Next you form balls out of the mixture and then dip them in your favorite chocolate or almond bark. Whadaya know, Theresa was right, these are the bomb!!

I didn't get a chance to take a pretty picture of the messy delicious cake balls. These German Chocolate beauties went fast.

Now this is more my genre. Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas. mmmm I'm definitely more of a cook and less of a baker or desert maker.

Comments

Mmmm, cake balls. I will be attemting this for the first time next week. I got a new calling - activity day leader!!??! So we will make cake pops for V-day treats. Did the german chocolate frosting hold the ball together well enough? (obviously they are still balls in the picture, but was it difficult to work with?)
MaryRC said…
i didn't mention that you freeze them for an hour, i was surprised that they DID stay together, i had very little faith. and i think the smaller the ball the better, mine were about 2Tbs, a little large and heavy for dipping. maybe 1 Tbs would be better and look better too. thats a great calling. alas i am calling free these days. wanna calling vacation? tell them you might move to california. just kidding. its been a blessing, getting used to single parenting and working is not easy.
MaryRC said…
freeze before dipping i mean. i wanna try cherry chip cake with marishino cherries cheese cake frosting dipped in white chocolate.. doesnt that sound yummy
Wow, that would be one cherry-licious cake ball. I knew the "freeze it before dipping", don't worry. Our first shot at it will be chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting with white almond bark coating and festive sprinkles. Yay.
Anonymous said…
Yaaay Mary! I'm so glad you tried the cake balls! They are sooo delicious! Yes! The cherry chip cake with cream cheese frosting is amazing! Try cutting up some real marcino cherries and putting them in the mix too! Not too many though.... I've made that mistake, it comes out too gooie. After dipping them sprinkle with lil hearts for Valentines! Or nuts or coconut or sprinkles....or crushed butter finger bar! xo

Popular posts from this blog

Tips by Mary RC, Backcombing like a pro VLOG #01

Fool Who Ripped her Pants..

Diary of a Makeup Artist #24 - Nothin At All