Hello Again


So obviously it's been forever and a day since I have blogged. Today I was bored, I've watched way too much television, searched Craigslist more than I ever care to again, and Facebooked to death. so I thought why not check out the blog o sphere. Lots of my old blogger friends have abandoned their blogs as well. It made me kind of sad. So, time for an update...

Well, the last year has been incredibly crazy and filled with surprises, sadness, and changes. I think last I left off here I announced our move to California and I was on the road with a client running for political office. Well, we survived the election even though she lost. Would I ever do a political campaign again? Probably not, just not my thing, but the money was right for the time since business was so bad last year.

The kids have adjusted rather well to California. Come to find out, there were a few things our son was happy to leave behind in B.C. One was a bully! That's another post for another time. Both kids are doing well socially and with their new school a 2-minute hop skip and jump from our front door made for an easy commute to school. Not having to worry about carpools was awesome.

Shortly after the November election, we found out we were expecting. Yes, it was a shocker. We were in denial for a few months and didn't really talk about it. Talk about a surprise! I mean our kids are 14 and 11, yea we were done 10 years ago. Guess we found out the hard way, you're not done until you are fixed...

Eventually, we adjusted to the idea of a new baby and a new member of our family. The kids are so excited. And as the baby has grown and become more active in my 39-year-old body (don't get me started with my "advanced maternal age"), Mike and I are excited too.

 So I sit here tonight, in the final days of my pregnancy, as of late finding it difficult to sleep with feet in my ribs, blogging.... why not!

Mary

Comments

Lene said…
HI MARY!!

I have missed you. Congrats on the new baby.
AiringMyLaundry said…
Yay, welcome back.

And congrats on the baby. Great news :)
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I'm glad your back to blogging.

Just think.. you now have free babysitters. :D
Marcie Ashton said…
Oh my goodness! That's just a welcome back to blogging shocker! I don't think that one will be topped for a while:) anyway-a big ole congratulations from me and Ryan. We are both happy for you. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Tips by Mary RC, Backcombing like a pro VLOG #01

Fool Who Ripped her Pants..

Diary of a Makeup Artist #24 - Nothin At All